Saturday, July 18, 2009

Long-Gone-Past


A few forgotten images were found in my camera. It was the first day of snow in London. I got a day off but he had to stay at work until 5:00pm. On the way to his office, I saw many people gathered under the London Eye building snowman. This very fairytale like scene I will never forget. Why fairytale like? It's just a feeling which I can never articulate in words. I miss the simpleness. I miss the pure happiness.

When I look at these pictures again, I realize that I miss the time when I were in London a lot. I felt much younger while I was abroad. I was not worried about aging. Reaching 30 was a splendid joy to me which I proudly celebrated. But once I returned home, I realized that most of the people around me have a collective fear-of-30 syndrome. Age is a taboo. They make you feel ashamed of being 30. But why? I feel very lucky that I have done and found something I truly love before I reached 30 with no regrets.

No comments: